small works from a BIG PLACE is a travelling feast of miniature artworks from a collective of Central Victorian Artists.
Small art works, curated and presented to a high standard, will ‘pop up’ at different destinations along the historical railway line from Melbourne to Bendigo. This group show is taking art to people, allowing broad public interaction with local art and arts practice.
Applications Now Closed
Applications for small works from a BIG PLACE exhibition are now closed.
For selected artists, keep scrolling for more information on exhibition and participation guidelines.
Artist Exhibition Guidelines
Download the Promotion Guidelines here:
Download the Exhibition Guidelines here:
Download the Participation Guidelines here:
Artist Participation Guidelines
Generally speaking this is a group show of ‘postcard size’ visual art
KEY ARTIST PARTICIPATION DATES
- Expression of interest submission by: Midnight Friday 21st September
- Art submission by: 9 am Friday 26th October
- Participation fee payment: $10 for up to 3 pieces. Due on selection. Notification 28th September
2D Artworks can be paintings, drawings, photographs, prints, collage, etc:
- Any images comprised of mix and varied media are suitable, as long as they adhere to size criteria outlined below.
- Finished size:
– including mount or frame 10cm x 15cm
– single sided
– on card or an alternate rigid material [not on paper please!]
– give consideration to depth and weight in relation to your art display
3D Artworks can be marquettes, sculpture, multimedia etc:
- Mix and varied media are suitable, as long as they adhere to size criteria outlined below
- Finished size:
– including mount or base 10cm x 15cm [not more than 10cm in depth]
– display will allow for three sided viewing
– must include a solid frame or rigid mount
– please consider weight in relation to display
SELLING YOUR WORK
Our aim is to link artists to art sales. Exhibited artworks can be priced and sold, with delivery arrangements by you, to patrons after the exhibition period:
- An exhibition catalogue will be collated
- Your art can be priced by you
- No commission to Jumpleads will be applicable
- Artists are encouraged to provide ALL their web links for greater overall exposure to new networks
- There’s also the option to have a dedicated blog on the Pop Up Art website in relation to your profile and work [more will be advised following selection]
- Open to ALL artists
- Inclusion is a governing policy for this project and Pop up Art. A curatorial policy developed in community consultations in Hepburn, Macedon, Mount Alexander and Bendigo Shires in 2014 and 2015 will be used as a guide for selection, in order to ensure an exhibition of high standard
- Preference will be given to artists from Bendigo, Macedon and Mount Alexander Shire
small works from a BIG PLACE 2018 Exhibition touring and viewing
- Riddells Creek Station Thursday 8th November to Sunday 18th November
- Castlemaine Station Tuesday 20th November to Thursday 29th November
- Bendigo Station Saturday 1st December to Monday 10th December
Note: Additional exhibition dates are now confirmed for 2019. Link to the full list of exhibition dates here.
- Will be arranged and communicated to all for each exhibition location
- Will include casual community gatherings, organized media calls, and other activities for promotion. Local politician visits are expected within the project funding protocols. We’ll utilise these visits to advocate for artists and arts funding
Get in touch if you have any questions:
Call Sharon 0419310765 or 95106822
Email: [email protected]